Received in an email from a good friend, I couldn’t be sure if this was based in humor or a real assessment. I’m betting that my good friend and fellow blogger TexasFred will enjoy this, at least to a point.
Much of what follows can also be said of the Inter-mountain West States, with a notable exception. We, who are collectively referred to as “fly over” country by the elitist’ in government have virtually all of the uranium. Both as raw material, and in finished weaponry that can reach anywhere in the world with the push of a button.
Should secession become a reality it would behoove the Marxist’s on both coasts to remember that simple fact, as well as the fact that Texas would not be standing alone…
Note: edited for clarity
THE COUNTRY of TEXISIANSAS
In case things get a little tough during the next few months we IN LOUISIANA, TEXAS , OKLAHOMA , & ; ARKANSAS have a plan.
Maybe you don’t know it, but LOUISIANA , TEXAS , OKLAHOMA , & ARKANSAS HAVE legal right to secede from the Union . (Reference the Texas/LOUISIANA-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)
US TEXISIANSAS love y’all Americans, but we’ll probably have to take action since Barack Obama won the election and is now the President of the U.S.A. We’ll miss ya’ll though.
Here is what can happen:
1. Barack Hussein Obama, after becoming the President of the United States , begins to try and create a socialist country, then Texas , LOUISIANA , ARKANSAS , & OKALAHOMA announces that it is going to secede from the Union .
2. George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic of TEXISIANSAS . You might think that he doesn’t talk too pretty, but we haven’t had another terrorist attack and the economy was fine until the effects of the Democrats lowering the qualifications for home loans came to roost.
So what does TEXISIANSAS have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas . We will control the sp ace industry.
2. We refine over 90% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry–we have over 65% of it. The term “Don’t mess with THE SOUTH,” will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil – we can supply all the oil that the Republic of TEXISIANSAS will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don’t know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas – again, we have all we need and it’s too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will just have to figure out a way to keep them warm…
6. Computer Industry – we lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications equipment – small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Misconduct, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care – We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers.
8. We have enough colleges to keep educating and making smarter citizens: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA , OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY, UL-LAFAYETTE, UL-MONORE, UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS , LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY , ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY .
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force and it isn’t restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in TEXISIANSAS, we are a Right to Work State and, therefore, it’s every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done.. And if we don’t like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the TEXISIANSAS National Guard, the TEXISIANSAS Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don’t have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let’s not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. We don’t need any food.
13. FIVE of the ten largest cities in the United States , and THIRTY TWO of the 100 largest cities in the United States are located in TEXISIANSAS. And TEXISIANSAS also has more land than California , New York , New Jersey , Connecticut , Delaware , Hawaii , Massachusetts , Maryland , Rhode Island , and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: FIVE of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in TEXISIANSAS
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don’t need to. You see, nothing rusts in TEXISIANSAS so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of TEXISIANSAS in good shape. There isn’t a thing out there that we need and don’t have.
Now to the rest of you folks in the United States under President Obama:
Since you won’t have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won’t have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won’t have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
In other words, the rest of ya’ll in the USA are screwed!
Signed, The People of TEXISIANSAS
P.S. This is not a threatening letter – just a note to give you something to think about!
Sleep well tonight ’cause the eyes of TEXISIANSAS are on YOU!!