2.) The majority of respondents — 71 percent — say a federal ban on the manufacture and sale of some semi-automatics would have no effect on reducing violent crime. However, more than 20 percent say any ban would actually have a negative effect on reducing violent crime. Just over 7 percent took the opposite stance, saying they believe a ban would have a moderate to significant effect.
3.) About 85 percent of officers say the passage of the White House’s currently proposed legislation would have a zero or negative effect on their safety, with just over 10 percent saying it would have a moderate or significantly positive effect.
4.) Seventy percent of respondents say they have a favorable or very favorable opinion of some law enforcement leaders’ public statements that they would not enforce more restrictive gun laws in their jurisdictions. Similarly, more than 61 percent said they would refuse to enforce such laws if they themselves were Chief or Sheriff.
5.) More than 28 percent of officers say having more permissive concealed carry policies for civilians would help most in preventing large scale shootings in public, followed by more aggressive institutionalization for mentally ill persons (about 19 percent) and more armed guards/paid security personnel (about 15 percent).
6.) The overwhelming majority (almost 90 percent) of officers believe that casualties would be decreased if armed citizens were present at the onset of an active-shooter incident.
7.) More than 80 percent of respondents support arming school teachers and administrators who willingly volunteer to train with firearms and carry one in the course of the job.
- Cops: Gun Control Won’t Work (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Survey suggests law enforcement united against gun control (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- PoliceOne’s Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers’ perspectives (policeone.com)
- Survey of More Than 15,000 Cops Finds Most of Them Oppose More Gun Control (reason.com)
- Police officers disagree with gun-control orthodoxy (humanevents.com)
- And the survey (of 15,000 law enforcement personnel on the Democrats’ proposed gun control bill) says… (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- Police Poll: Armed Citizens, not Gun Control, Will Lower Violent Crime (breitbart.com)
- Police Come Out Against Gun Control (visiontoamerica.com)
Tags: epic fail obama, Gun Control, Gun violence, Hoplophobia, Law, Law Enforcement, News, Percentage, Politics, Semi-automatic firearm, Sheriffs in the United States, United States, Violent crime, white house