The various pundits are all up in arms about the government shutting down. Police, Fire and all other essential services will not be there when needed, and all that.
Guess what folks? It’s all a dog and pony show. No essential services will be turned off, none, period. No, grandma will not be forced to eat dog food because of a shut off of Social Security. Veterans will not be denied medical care, or any of the other doomsday theories that are flying around. No, the prisons will not have the doors thrown open either.
So, then what is happening? What we are seeing is called direct democracy being carried out by the elected representatives of the people. The fiasco known as obamacare, a disaster beyond any doubt, is being challenged as the founders saw fit to place in our Constitution. Would you rather have an armed revolution, or widespread rioting take place. As happens in other nations all to often? Perhaps I shouldn’t ask that given the current mood of we the people.
The onerous law passed by onerous people in positions of power needs to be scrapped, completely. Perhaps followed up by a rather lengthy session of tar and feathering for those responsible for it’s passage.
- If It’s Not a Shutdown, Stop Calling It One (patterico.com)
- Dirty little secrets of Obamacare and government shutdown (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- Even With The Government Shutdown, 80% Of Federal Employees Will Keep Working (businessinsider.com)
- Has the World Come To an End During the SEVENTEEN Other Government Shutdowns? (iowntheworld.com)
- Don’t Like Government Shutdowns? There’s a T-Shirt for That. (washingtonian.com)
Tags: Politics, News, United States, government, obamacare, epic fail obama, Social Security, United States Congress, government shut down, nanny state politics, Government shutdown, Essential services, Direct democracy